Thread: 116 ID and stock help

jiffylube84

116 ID and stock help

Several years ago I walked into a gun store and saw a gun I had never seen before it had a DBM,muzzle brake, was stainless steel chambered in 7mm mag and best of all it was a savage, so I knew I had to have it. I am a recoil weeny and now I could actually own a 7mm mag! Well I have killed many animals with this gun and love it but I have never seen another like it and worst of all it was very hard to find a stock for it being that it has the old button on the side DBM but I finally found a factory wood stock on eBay but it didn't have the bezel around the mag hole and my 116 synthetic has nothing there. So my question is what is the proper model designation of my rifle and where can I find that bezel.

116 FSAK or FCSAK or something to that effect.

F: synthetic
    S: stainless steel
    AK: muzzle brake
    C: detachable magazine

Tis the usual Savage Alphabet Soup.

Depending on when it was made the info might pull up on Savage's Parts Finder page on their website when you put your serial number in. If not you'll have to look through the schematics at Numrick's and see if you can find the part there.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

jiffylube84
    thanks I appreciate it

FCSAK I have an -06 with this designation also but its a lefty therefore FLCSAK Mine is also fluted but I don't think there was a letter code designation for that feature. What seems to be the problem with the factory synthetic?
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

jiffylube84
    Nothing is wrong with the synthetic I just like wood, mine is also fluted.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.