Thread: Kentucky Buck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I process all my own meat so I do save a little money....sort of.....unless you consider the 8 - 10 hours my cousin and I spend doing it every year when we get back. Which reminds me I am out of Jerky. Fuel cost me about the same to go to KY and back my Silverado doesn't get the greatest mileage.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tufrthnails View Post
    I process all my own meat so I do save a little money....sort of.....unless you consider the 8 - 10 hours my cousin and I spend doing it every year when we get back. Which reminds me I am out of Jerky. Fuel cost me about the same to go to KY and back my Silverado doesn't get the greatest mileage.
    Exactly what i drive, 3/4 ton 4wd crew cab with an 8 ft slide in camper unit which never comes off. About 12 mpg regardless of where or what. I have a jeep rubicon
    i leave in PA which gives about the same milage. Fact is im leaving for PA today. I'll spend a few days visiting a few friends in route but should arrive over
    the weekend. Looking foward to cooler weather and hearing the elk bugeling. But come mid dec ill be dammed glad to be heading back also.

I am starting to get amped up. Kentucky trip in less then a month. We are going up for 9 days this time so i am pretty excited. We were kinda pressed with only 4 days last year. Time to get my butt back on the loading bench with all the ammo we like to waste up there I am going to need a lot more for 9 days! This year we are going to do a fun competition koolaid jugs at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. There has been lots of trash talk this off-season about his remington shooting circles around my savage! Hopefully I can do it justice. He seems a bit more nervous since I sent him some pics of the 3/4" groups.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]