Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedmcrib View Post
thanks man. The barrel is your standard 1:16 twist. The name murdered is because it's all black. I'm sure your have seen the trend of cars being all blacked out ? Aka murdered .
Also yes I'm really glad I decided to go with a savage over your average 10-22 build. Nothing wrong at all with the ruger , but I believe I would have had a lot more money invested to get the accuracy I got with this savage. 10-22 and my model 60 marlin are fun lil semis , but can't shoot the groups like this fvsr , plus the bolt just looks so cool and simple.
I looked at that Nikon scope you got , super nice for sure. Just wasn't in my price range. Plus my buddie has a bsa sweet .17 on his hmr and I really liked the yardage marked turrets. Price was right.
My only non-Savage rifle is in .17 HMR; it was supposed to come with a scope but someone (apparently an employee) liberated it from the box. The asst. manager gave me $50.00 off if I took the rifle sans scope, which I did. On the way home stopped at a local gun shop and bought a used BSA Sweet 17. I know there are a lot of complaints about them but mine was fine. Actually better than fine. It was clear and held zero. I got rid of it only because a buddy was putting together a single shot .17 HMR for his daughter and he bought my BSA. I like my Nikons but I firmly believe you can get good in ay brand and likewise bad inn any brand.

That .17 HMR that I have sports a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy with the BDC reticle. It is clear and I have picked off Starlings and squirrels at up to 65 yards with it. With Winchester 17 grain ammo. it'll shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards. AND HEY it's got the "scarey" Skull & Antlers logo on the objective bell, which is what makes it sub-moa

Best wishes with the new addition! Please let us know what you add onn, change, modify etc!

Brian