Picked up a new model 11 from Dick's this morning to use as a donor action for my build. (it was $100 less than what savage wants for the same action, plus it comes with a cheapo stock to practice bedding before i do it with the SSS stock, and a cheap scope, scope rings, scope mount, and barrel for my next project)

Just for the heck of it, I tossed my .308 go gauge in there.
the bolt would not close at all. Tried closing it fast, tried pushing hard on the bolt handle. will not close. I've used these same gauges in other .308 rifles and they've worked fine. closed with ease on the go, would not close at all on the no go.

i'm not really upset about it since I'm rebarrelling this thing anyway, but I'm kind of disappointed in the QC at savage on this one. what if one of those "normal" people that buy a savage and DON'T immediately tear it apart had bought this and fired it? (it WILL chamber a .308 round)

also, oddly enough, it doesn't have an accutrigger even though it is very obviously a new model and very clearly stamped model 11 on the side. maybe this was a special run for Dick's?? the trigger is awful. glad i went ahead and got the SSS competition trigger for it.

anybody else ever run into this with a savage (or any other rifle?)
how does a rifle leave the factory without having been checked for headspace?