The Savage 110 22" sporter in 25-06 is a fantastic hunting rig. I worked an old flatback over for my youngest son topped it with an elite 3200 and gave it to him at about age 10 or 11 and he still hunts with it to this day as a grown man. I had a decent load worked up for it (IMR 4350) but then found out it's stupid accurate with RL22 WLR primers and 110gr accubonds and gets a little better velocity with the RL22. It shoots dead center bullseye and you can completely cover a 5 shot group at 100 with a dime. He usually hunts a green field stand with a crossing with lots of activity at about an honest 250yds, it drops em at that distance like the hammer of Thor, and the shot goes exactly where he intended. It's light weight, has minimal recoil, super accurate and powerful what's not to love? I cant say my accutriggered model 110FP in 25-06 with the heavy 24" barrel is anymore accurate or deadly than his old flatback sporter. PS. It definitely hits harder than a .243, That's why I initially chose it.