Ahh, the 6.5 -284. I think that takes a long action so I can't use that on my gun. I hear it's a barrel burner also. But, I also hear it is an outstanding cartridge.

I think I am going to limit myself to a 6.5 x 47 or a 6.5 Creedmore. I would like to go to a 260 or 260 Improved but I don't think I can use the longer bullets in my mag. Too bad since I think they are better cartridges than the 6.5 x 47 or the 6.5 Creedmore.

I'm not upset with my guns performance. I'm just trying to figure out if bedding the AccuStock is a step most take when accessorizing their guns. It sort of sounds like it's not.

I think my plan of action will be to re barrel the gun in a 6.5 cartridge and then see how it shoots. If I get it down to 1/2 MOA at 100 yards I will probably stop there. If the gun is shooting in the 3/4 to 1 inch territory, I'll probably switch my stock out for a Manners Stock and hope that makes a difference.

If I were getting accuracy like your getting, I would be afraid to chase that last little bit of accuracy also. Of course if the stock is not comfortable, that's another reason to switch.

Thanks,
Eric