Thread: Pac-Nor barrels ?

acemisser

Pac-Nor barrels ?

whats your feed back on these barrels ?

Basic Member
    I have a 25-06ai from pacnor that shoots unreal. Shoots in the .1's and just does not get dirty.

Had one Pac-Nor barrel in 7mm-08. It was ok....but nothing special.

acemisser
    thanks for the input..

I had one in a 260 and it shot very well. And cleaned with 1 patch.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    I have 2. Both in .243 AI. One shoots forever without needing to be cleaned, the other needs to be watched or it will start throwing rounds out of the group. If I treat them right they both will group in the .3 to .4's sometimes better but I can not drive them GOOD all the time.

22 Mag
    Happiness is not having everything you want, but wanting everything you have.

acemisser
    thanks--still not sure of them yet..

Desert
    We used one for a 6mm BR build a few years ago and it shot great. I wouldn't hesitate to use one again.

JCalhoun
    Very pi** poor customer service. I'll never use them again.

They sent a barrel that had an off center chamber and tooling marks all through the bore and said it was caused by the improper cleaning procedure. That was after waiting 12 weeks to get it.

Bummer! Did you ask them what cleaning procedure they used?

JCalhoun
    They claimed I damaged the barrel when I cleaned it. I told them that there is no way a nylon brush and graphite rod can leave chatter marks in a bore. My gun builder found the chamber to reamed off center and they said that it wasn't a problem. They did not replace the barrel nor offer to.

I tried to stop payment since I used a credit card but time had ran out according to the CC people since they billed the card when I ordered the barrel and it took 12 weeks to get it. Everybody else I buy barrels from bills them when they ship.

mudfish
    PacNor only requires payment for about 50% up front, the rest is due on shipping.

Basic Member
    Buy a Benchmark Barrel, great guys, wait is short, very accurate. I have 3 and love them, my favorite they just did for me is a 6PPC, 1:12. 3 groove, the barrel is unreal and I only have 200 rounds though it!

Rprecision
    I have one on a Rem 700 in 22-250. They had good service and a great product. The gun shoots awesome.

Noveske Rifleworks uses them as well

That was back in 2008, but I doubt much has changed with thier product

Basic Member
    I haven't bought directly from them but I got a 338 edge barrel that is about 8-10 yrs out of the factory. It shoots under .25 with best groups in the .1s and it cleans up with one or two patches.

I've heard their SS barrels are a bit soft. I have heard the Benchrest barrels are a lot harder quality steel. I suspect a harder quality steel will have a longer life then the softer.

Shot against one of their (Pac-Nor) 50 BMG barrels at a 1K match this fall. That shooter won "smallest group" with 5 shots under 6" all in the X ring!

I'm happy with my Pac-Nor. Hate to hear about the off center bored chamber and pore CS.

BT