So yesterday I spent most of the morning and early afternoon driving around to 5 LGS's in the area looking for something to buy. Mostly I was looking for some Ruger single-action revolvers (Single-Six Hunter, Single-Nine, Single-Ten, SS Vaquero in .357) and lever guns (Uberti 1866, Winchester 1873, and a good clean JM stamped Marlin 336 in .30-30), but do you think I could find anything? Five gun shops and not a one had anything new I was looking for, and the one used Marlin I saw was pretty rough and way over priced.

Not wanting to admit defeat I took to Gallery of Guns this morning, but everything I looked up was either out-of-stock or allocated to their regular dealers due to high demand. Seems as if Cimmaron, Uberti, Ruger and Winchester cowboy guns are selling just as well if not even better than AR's and Savage's right now.

I almost resorted to Gun Broker, but I really hate the hassle of having to go get a M/O and then having to wait a week and a half to two weeks to finally get the gun. Suffice to say patience was NOT a virtue I was blessed with when it comes to buying guns.

In the end I lucked out and was at least able to order the Single-Nine and Single-Ten through Bud's Gun Shop. That leads me to another difficult search though - one for 22 Magnum Rimfire ammo. That might be a lost cause for awhile by the look of things.