Quote Originally Posted by 308savageLS View Post
Hello,

I am new to this forum and hope someone can answer something for me. I was having a hard time sighting in this rifle the other day. I have bore sighted a Vortex Diamondback 4x12x40 scope. After firing 20 rounds I could not hit the paper at 50 yards. I checked the scope and the mounts and everything was good and snug with nothing loose. I then noticed that the thread protector on end of the barrell was loose. Not real loose but it took 1 1/2 turns to get it tight again. My questions are 1. Did that loose thread protector affect my accuracy? (I am going to guess yes) and 2. Should I remove the thread protector when shooting the rifle? This is assuming I am not using a supressor, flash hider or muzzle brake. I am new to longer range rifle shooting with a scope so please execuse my lack of experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

308savageLS

I was hoping to sit in my Hog Hunter Last week, but I will sight in this Friday. What ammo were you using, from every thing I have heard you should be able to do at least 1MOA

I will keep you posted on my rifle, it has a 1-3 power Weaver for 100-150 yds pig hunting, my 150 gr copper federal ammo is arriving on Friday,

I will sight this gun in with those and sight it in one mie time before I go pig hunting, it will be sighted in at about 2 inches
high at 100 and that is it.

That is more than I will ever need for what this rifle will be used for !

wll