Hi, All-
Newest member here- said 'Hi' in the newbie section and proceeded directly over here!
I've always been a fan of accurate, single shot target anythings... I have a Ruger Charger .22 I built up from all aftermarket parts, I'm building a Thompson Center Contender- starting with a frame I purchased on Gunbroker- have an MGM 14" .223 barrel on order- with the wood parts being made by Bullberry.... I perhaps might branch out into making the wood for this, as I'm a long-time woodworker. For now, I'm going aftermarket on the Contender.
However, as YOU all well know, a bolt action is a more accurate platform for a pistol than a break action- so I have migrated here.
Studying the 2 Savage options- Finding a Striker- or building one from a Savage Target action. I'd like to hear the plus's and minus' for either choice... also inputs of bolt side (left or right) for a right-handed shooter as it applies to a pistol. I'm considering something like a .223- since I already have 2 AR's and my T/C Contender will be barreled in .223, so that will keep me stocking less types of ammo... I am not as of yet a handloader, as I have just returned to shooting in the last year, but will probably end up there when I retire next year. Looking at a paper-puncher only off a bench, 100-200 yards. I guess I've asked enough questions to start with- I've already been digging through here, will continue to do so.
Thanks for any advice!
Wes