Welcome Wes, I bought a Striker in .308win. about 2 years ago and I love it. I now have a .234win. barrel that I made from a take off rifle barrel. Takes about 15 min. to change barrels and set headspace and yoj have.a new caliber Striker. I hope to pick up a .270win. takeoff barrel next month. Having a Striker is like have.several handguns, it's Great! I hope to build one from a target action one of these days. I would go with left hand bolt as well. Makes it easy to put in another round without changing your hand on the grip everytime you load a shell.
You can pick up a Striker for a lot less then building one out of a target action.
I paid $525.00 for mine which is a model 516 (Stainless steel, Muzzle Brake, Blk. Syn. stock,)
It was used of course and was in exellent shape. Reloading is the only way to go. You can get into it pretty cheap buying LEE's anneversary kit and a couple of other things to go along with it. I have had my Lee kit for approx. 20 years and it's gping strong and I like it better then my RCBS outfit.
Any way you can almost always find a Striker for sale online. Any where from $400 on up.
Welcome to the sight and hopefully to the world of Strikers! Buy the way retirement is great and goes with Strikers.and reloading better then peanut butter goes with jelly!
If you have.any question feel free to ask me or anyone else with a Striker. Great.guys on here.
Rupe