>So did you go with the factory bottom metal?

Yes, bought a complete setup here, stock, bottom metal and magazine.

>I was leaning towards AICS style dbm.

Yes me too but its a bit expensive. IE I would like to have magnum 5 and 10 round magazines and just those two magazines will cost over $200.

>I have a blind mag stock and was going to have to do some cutting and carving already to make it dbm. From what I read here you can't get a better mag than aics for dependability.

I have never actually used an AICS magazine so others will have to comment, but everything I have read about them states they are top notch. I cant comment on how they would feed a 375 Ruger though but I dont see why they would not work with some tweaking.

If you want a factory DBM, Instead of cutting up your stock, just buy the complete package here, IE stock, bottom metal and magazine. That is what I did and it cost a tad over $100. Maybe ebay too. I missed one on ebay the other day less the magazine for cheap, like 20 something $.

>So your saying the blind mag doesn't get much easier to load with time.

Wont get easier in my Opinion. Stagger feed internal is not bad, but centerfeed the mag lips are really tight.

>We hunt off ATVs and pick-ups for moose in Canada, we have to travel with the guns unloaded. A mag would sure speed up load time.

Yup, sounds like you need a DBM.

For a AICS system it will cost me between $350 and $450 without the stock with 2 magazines, so I think I am goung to try and modify this Remington 750 magazine to fit my savage.

Before I go with a AICS system I am going to try to get one of these Remington 750 magazines to work. It fits my rifle almost perfectly end to end and width. The upper lip area will have to be modified, because it does not slide far enough in. Will need a tab on one side for the button release setup.

This is what it looks like just jammed into the stock. Its probably going to need a flange like the factory magazine, but I think I will try one.