Between my camera taking a crap, the wind, and some old reloads having grown quite a bit in the 7 years they'd been sitting I might as well have just stayed home today. LOL

My main reason for heading out today was to get some pictures for two scope reviews I'm working on, but apparently my Nikon's auto-focus has taken a dump as it wouldn't focus properly on anything at any distance. It's just a little $100 CoolPix model, but I've got a crappy Sony that's 5 years older than the Nikon and it's still going strong with no issues. Suffice to say I'm not real impressed given the high praise people usually have for Nikon cameras.

One of the scopes I'm reviewing is mounted on my 17 HMR, but the 15-20mph wind made it a real challenge to shoot any decent groups with it at 100 yards.

Then I pulled out the 22-250 AI which I probably haven't taken to the range in at least a year (if not two). As I was loading up and going through my ammo I realized that everything I have for this gun was loaded up back in June of 2006. Once at the range it didn't take long to realize that in those 7 years since I had loaded it my ammo grew a little as I really had to lean on the bolt handle to get it closed on each and every round. Needless to say after three 5-shot groups that got old and I decided to pack things up for the day.

So yeah, today's trip to the range left a lot to be desired.