Hey All!

So I've been having a ball with my MK II Classic, and I happened into a box (50) of SK Standard Plus last month. The rifle likes all sorts of ammo- both supersonic and sub sonic, but does noticably better with the sub sonic stuff. The SK preformed VERY well- probably the best out of what I've tried so far.

Doing some research on this forum and someone posted a great "article" on variables of .22 LR ammo. Weighing rounds, measuring OAL, measuring rim thickness. So I think I understand the consistancy thing. My question is; is there a "standard" C.O.A.L. or a standard ideal weight or rim thickness? I'm guessing that it may vary from rifle chamber to rifle chamber- what I mean is I know various cartridges will fluctuate, and different rifles may favor certain measurements / headspacing?

Also- theres no money in the budget to by a .22LR "gauge" to measure rims, but in searching Thomae came up with using an empty .243 case and a comparator with his caliper to do rim measurements. What I did was take a piece of .223 brass, clean it well, trim and measure it. Then when I sized it on the press, the throat opened up enough to allow me to put a .22LR round in it, nose first. Viola- a rim thickness measurer! I know it wont be as accurate as using a comparator, but necessity is a mother...er...the mother of invention.

Thanks in advance for any comments, thoughts etc.
Brian