Thread: Bmag owners rejoice!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Volstandigkeit
    Quote Originally Posted by n4ue View Post
    O wise one. If you view the early part of this honorable thread, you will find a link to "gladesarmory', located here in the Sunshine State.
    Nice folks, too.

ron
    Actually, I did see the link. Even checked it out.

Basic Member
    I have both 17 WSM and 17 HMR. I think the WSM is slightly more accurate at longer ranges 100-300yds when compared with the HMR. This due to flatter trajectory, less wind drift. So far, I have only shot squirrels with both, but they do a similar number on them. The B-mag is handier than my HMR just because my HMR is a heavy bbl and thus weighs a couple pounds more. Obviously, lighter HMR's are available to those who want em. The B-mag is butt ugly and has the cheapest POS stock ever seen by man. But that is the only model available to date. I prefer shooting the WSM as it feels and shoots more like a small centerfire rifle. You can even see the bullet trace if you are shooting longer distances and the atmospheric conditions are just right. When windy, you can see the wind blowing the bullet off center as it flies down range. I think the WSM fouls the bbl a little faster or a little more for the same amount of shooting. I like my B-mag but would trade it in a heartbeat for an upgraded 93R style rifle chambered for 17WSM. i.e. Nice laminated stock, heavy bull barrel, normal looking bolt handle, matte blue finish, etc.

Irish

n4ue
    Hi Irish. I have a Marlin .17 HMR, syn stock model. Wally World special a couple of years back. I also had a Marlin wood stocked model that I just recently sold. It had a BSA Sweet 17 scope, which worked well. Both rifles have heavier bbls.......
    I picked up my B Mag (in a plastic case) the other day, and thought I left the rifle out!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes that stock......

Do you think ANY other company (besides Browning) will make a rifle for this round?
    If not, it may languish into history...... I like having the .17 HMR, the .17 WSM, and the .17 Hornet.

ron