Hey just wanted to show my savage axis its a .308 when I got it there was nothing it was just a plain rifle. I used Weaver Scope Mounts and Weaver High see through scope rings. Then I put on the Barska 10-40x50mm Mildot sight that has a 3inch sunshade on it. On the front I have a Blackhawk Sportster Bipod, on the back I have the Blackhawk Raised Cheek Pad. I also made a DIY Monopod that cost me about $5 total to make it I use a 1/4inch threaded stainless steel rod 6inches long, a wooden dowel, and a 1/4 stainless steel nut. I removed the rear swivel stud and took a drill bit and drilled the whole a little bigger so that the rod will fit through it. I epoxied the nut onto the but pad it looks sloppy when you take the butt pad off but its on the inside so I don't mind it because I wont really see it. That's about it for that and you just turn the dowel right or left to adjust the elevation.
Let me know what you guys think of it all, I appreciate any comment that you may have good or bad just glad to get some feed back from other people.