Thread: Another Savage 62 magazine problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kjhansen

Another Savage 62 magazine problem

So I bought one magazine for my Savage (Stevens) Model 62 and it works fine, doesn't jam, etc. So I found another one and bought it. It doesn't jam either, but, BUT, it will only let me load 8 rounds, not 10! What's up with that? There is no way the 9th round is going in there. Not only that, when I try, the 9th round will not only not go in, but the 8th round sticks in the position the attempt to load the 9th round put it in. It has to be carefully pried out with a tiny screwdriver. I guess I'm going to take this magazine apart and see if it's got any burrs or rough edges in there. Any experience with magazines that won't load to capacity?
    Thanks, and here's a picture of the rifle with the cheap scope I had laying around and a picture of the target I sighted it in on at 55 yards (working my way back to 100 yds). You can see all the patches I had to use to cover the holes I made working back. Once I got it sighted in at 45 yards I fired 5 rounds from 55 and they all went in a 3/4" group, so it's a good start. I went from 25 yards to 35, to 45 to 55. CCI Mini-Mags and Stingers. Lot of work to do still, but I don't think I'll go beyond 100 yards. Actually I might just do 90 yds, since I have to open a gate to get to 100 and then the horse, donkeys and goats want to get through and eat and get fat (they're already too fat) in my lower pasture where the target is set up... Can't have that.
    KJHansen

Last edited by kjhansen; 09-11-2013 at 08:52 PM.