Thread: Old stock Savages

Sloverado

Old stock Savages

Like to say I have finally setup on here and I have like all the help you guys give. So now I need your help. What do older non accu trigger Savages go for. I had a guy give me a call because everyone at the gun shop knows I like Savages so he wanted to offer me a couple of them. These are all weather series that are Syn Stainless.

1 of them is a 270 with a drop box and the other 1 is a 7 mag with internal box. There is a kicker the 7mm has kind of a short barrel with a break on it. This break isn't like my stainless heavy 7 STW Savage that has a twist break but this has a break on it and you cant take it off or adjust. I have never seen one like that. If anyone could share what to offer or any info on them that would be great. I want to get a good deal but I dont want to hurt him as we are friends there at the local gun shop.

possum1

Re: Old stock Savages

A good place to start is the classified's. That's where I go and do a search, give's me a good idea where to start.

Sloverado

I have looked there and have seen many new pre accu trigger guns for sale there. I have never seen a 7mm mag Savage like this one before.

82boy

www.gunbroker.com is a good place to find value.

helotaxi

The brake may not be from the factory and might be custom 'smith work.

1993 the brake came out. "K" weather warrior with a brake was a "KODIAC" and was no adj braked .338.
    94 the adj model came out.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Sloverado

Yes it all factory stuff so I am guessing it is the K brake. I havent seen one before so I had to ask. So would it be a good or bad deal to offer 800 bucks for the pair of them? I only found one used one with no accu trigger on gun broker so that is what I am basing it on.

Between me an MZ's country a NON-Accu trigger, goes for about $300. Reguardless of stainless, caliber, etc...
    Now you understand why I own so many Savages??!! ;D
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloverado
    There is a kicker the 7mm has kind of a short barrel with a break on it. This break isn't like my stainless heavy 7 STW Savage that has a twist break but this has a break on it and you cant take it off or adjust. I have never seen one like that. If anyone could share what to offer or any info on them that would be great. I want to get a good deal but I dont want to hurt him as we are friends there at the local gun shop.
    Years ago I had one of the 7mm Magnum's with the integral brake on it. The brake is not a "custom job". Savage made a limited number of these and sold them through Wal-Mart. It shot extremely well and I sold it. Have been trying to get it back from the guy I sold it too ever since!