Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
Nice rig!

I reckon the Shade is a must on those Nikons.

I have a few of them, and have had a couple of BuckMaster Scopes too and they all benefit from the Shade...

That Bolt handle is awesome, where did you get that? and, I have just ordered the extractor from sss but where did you get the springs?
Got the bolt handle through our classifieds from our fellow member JW (I hope I'm allowed to say that?!). I remember him saying he wasn't sure at the time where he had gotten it. The extractor from forum member also; the ejector and springs through Natchez (its the "enhanced" version with the small "rod" on one end to assist with keeping the spring from kinking). Trigger guard from Brownells.

Re the sunshade; yeah, I shoot at a local "gamelands" range a lot, and during the spring and summer there is no-one there in the early morning hours; however the sun is coming up and it's situated that it produces glare on the scope. Just enough to be a distraction. I know some don't like the Nikon Prostaffs but the two I have are extremely clear and work very well for me, in use and monetarily too! If I have any "complaint", its that the recticle on the 4-12x40 is a little thick, but I knew that going in and someday my dream is to get a Vortex Viper with thinner stadia (?)/ crosshair.

Thanks for the kind words SlimySquirrel! Brian