Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atomic 308 win match 168 gr Nosler Custom Comp: Cindarella ammo?

Basic Member

This ammo definitely ran well for me as well. I zeroed with it at 100yds with a group of size of .442in then confirmed at 200, 545, and 675yds all with first round hits. Only took 3-4 shots to score a hit at 890yds.

I think reloading at this point would only help with developing a more consistent round at range.

I did just order the Nosler brand of this same ammo that states 2750fps over the Atomic with 2600fps. Priced about the same. Maybe a little hotter load will tighten up at range.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    This ammo definitely ran well for me as well. I zeroed with it at 100yds with a group of size of .442in then confirmed at 200, 545, and 675yds all with first round hits. Only took 3-4 shots to score a hit at 890yds.

I think reloading at this point would only help with developing a more consistent round at range.

I did just order the Nosler brand of this same ammo that states 2750fps over the Atomic with 2600fps. Priced about the same. Maybe a little hotter load will tighten up at range.

I'm really mystified by how well the stuff shoots. You're doing good if you can find Nosler factory ammo in the same price range. But if I were you--seeing how you are interested in getting maximum accuracy and efficiency out of your rounds--I would start selectively getting your ammo for brass you can use to reload with. I'm not nearly as experienced as the other reloaders here--but I know a little bit about the 308. It's the perfect caliber to launch into reloading with--such a huge variety of bullets and powders and you can take pride in developing the best ammo for your particular rifle. Just take the dive and get the Lee kit and a couple of dies, also get a OAL gauge, modified case and comparator so you can get an idea of the best seating depth for your bullets (you'll learn all about this as you develop your loads and yes you can do this without the gear but this works well for beginners IMO). The Lee manual is sorta the "all-around" guide to reloading.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    The idea was to enhance my brass collection. I will have 200 of the LC brass and 100 of whatever the Nosler Factory stuff is cased in.

A great way to start--I'm very partial to Lapua brass--premium priced initially but I think it's worth it over the long haul of re-use. Nosler brass I've had mixed results with--even their custom pre-sized stuff.
    [B][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Shooting--it's like high-speed golf[/COLOR][/B]

Basic Member
    I figure why buy empty brass when it's way more fun to empty yourself!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12