Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
Just measured a 110 center feed factory stock from the center of the rear action screw to the face of the recoil lug surface. 6.05". Measured the same distance from a 110 stagger feed factory stock from the center of the rear action screw to the face of the recoil lug surface. 6.05".

I think he has a J Series action. The "b...ard child" of savage actions.
God is often kind to wack-jobs like me! I remounted the Boyds in the gunvise and re-checked everything. Darned if now it doesn't seem that the stagger-feed mag well on the action is sitting just forward of the well cut out on the stock.

Put two nails up through the bottom of the stock and checked again. Holes match with receiver. Lug looks like sitting right up against it's recess in the stock! Mag well just forward of IT'S cut out. CAREFULLY removed wood from the front of the mag-well cut out and kept re-checking! HotDang! Everything dropped right in! Removed a touch more and made sure the recoil lug is tight against the stock's recess, rearward! OH YES INDEED!

Only problem with the front action bolt in the rifle bolt binds a little. 1/4 turn out and works fine. Should be able to space with a thin washer. Also the mag-spring and follower don't seem to have quite as much tension as before BUT she loads and ejects fine!

Halleluah! Or however you spell that! See, my birthday is tomorrow and once again I got a nice present from God! Not to mention EVERYONE on this board who helped! THANKS

Brian