One of the guys at work just got a hold of his wife's grandfathers 110E chambered in '06, it's in fair to good shape, some rust on the barrel and action, mostly near the muzzle, about where you'd hold onto it while on stand or in the pickup?
The problem is that the complete bolt is GONE!, the grandfather passed about 10 years ago, the rifles are here now because the mother in law was involved in a serious accident about a week ago, she's in a long term care facility and may never go home?, so questions about the guns may never get answered??

The question is we tried to see if the bolt in my 110GXP 270 would fit, not exactly?, there seems to be a rib on the front bolt shroud of the newer bolt that there is no provision for on the older receiver?, if we get a new bolt and modify the forward shroud is that all that may be required to make the rifle functional again??, or do we need to search out an earlier bolt setup??
I'm not worried about head space, we have access to the gauges and I have the barrel nut nut wrench, just wondering about the complete bolt assembly?

If it were a Marlin lever gun I'd be posting pics of the targets by now!, but my knowledge of the Savage is somewhat limited!, my conversion of an 11 to a 12 went without a hitch!