Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I joined the brotherhood...

I joined the brotherhood...

Quote Originally Posted by therichardpowell View Post
    Dem Bergers...
    Dem's puurty boolits........
    Hope they shoot as good as they look.

therichardpowell
    You and me both. I have read good things about Bergers in savage tubes. Guess we'll see.

therichardpowell
    Well my rings showed up and I just spent the last two hours getting it all set up. Lapped the rings and got the scope all installed. Found something I'm worried about but I hope it's just my tired eyes. I used levels to level the scope to the gun and my vortex level to the scope, but my reticle doesn't even look close to level. It's dark and I'm in the house so I will recheck tomorrow. Sure hope my reticle is level with the turret. If not I'll have to send the scope back.

therichardpowell
    All is well. I dunno what the hell I was seeing last night but it's dialed today. Looking good. Ready to shoot.

therichardpowell
    Went out to test a load I have worked up. Shooting 175 grain Berger hunting VLD, 45 grains of varget, Winchester case and wlr primer. Bullet is seated .010 in the lands.

To be honest this is part of a 4 shot group but I knew I threw the flyer, without question, so I settled back in and shot one more and ended up with this. I am about ecstatic. I want to shoot another one to verify group size, maybe tomorrow.

Then I shot from 500 and 650 to true my data and our spotting wasn't really correct so that info got a bit boogered. We were shooting at a gong hanging from a stand on a landing and it was real hard to tell where I was hitting. Need to shoot at something against a hill. Lesson learned.

Basic Member
    I have this same rifle and have had much the same experience as you... I'm still working with it and enjoy it... I've always heard you need to spend twice as much on the scope as you do the rifle, well I've finally did that with this rifle... $200 for the rifle and $500 on the optic... LOL...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12