I have a Stevens 200 in .25-06 with a 22" sporter barrel, that I'd like to change to a 24" or 26" varmint or tactical weight barrel.

After looking at Midway USA, it appears that it's going to cost me around $90 for the Go & No Go gauges and a Barrel Nut Wrench. I'm attempting to find the type of barrel that I want and the prices vary from $250 to $450. I'd like to stay in the $300 to $350 price range, but I don't know if that's possible at this point. (I'm open to suggestions on a barrel.) Pac-Nor? McGowen? Shilen? Douglas?
I'm still undecided on what type of "soft jaw" barrel vice to use/purchase. I don't know if a large shop vice with wood contour blocks would be adequate or not.

While watching a few videos on YouTube, the barrel swap doesn't look that difficult.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANK9KbXmMr4

Just the same, would it cost less, to purchase the barrel and take it to a gunsmith for installation?
I'm guessing that $100 would cover labor costs, which would be about what I'd have in tools. Not to mention the "peace of mind" with the experience of a gunsmith, in getting it done correctly.

Thank you, Bowhunter57