Thread: life of a 223 barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I had a 223 barrel that I never put a "normal" round through it, I mean I must have put 2000 plus hot loads though that thing and never saw any difference in accuracy from the beginning, it has been rethroated and then turned into an AI then rethroated as an AI, that barrel must have 10,000 rounds though it and still going strong, my buddy has it now as a spare or as he calls it a guest gun, he lives in NH and we have a mutual friend that comes up from MA once in a while, he likes to shoot but Knows nothing about guns, so we told him it was a 30-06 so he goes back to MA and tells everyone he shot 100 rounds of 30-06 That day, does this make me a bad person.LOL

Dean

PS: That rig still has that same Simmons whitetail classic 6.5-20 X 50 since day one and still hols zero that whole rig is a freak of nature.
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Chuck Phelps
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    I had a 223 barrel that I never put a "normal" round through it, I mean I must have put 2000 plus hot loads though that thing and never saw any difference in accuracy from the beginning, it has been rethroated and then turned into an AI then rethroated as an AI, that barrel must have 10,000 rounds though it and still going strong, my buddy has it now as a spare or as he calls it a guest gun, he lives in NH and we have a mutual friend that comes up from MA once in a while, he likes to shoot but Knows nothing about guns, so we told him it was a 30-06 so he goes back to MA and tells everyone he shot 100 rounds of 30-06 That day, does this make me a bad person.LOL

Dean

PS: That rig still has that same Simmons whitetail classic 6.5-20 X 50 since day one and still hols zero that whole rig is a freak of nature.
    Sounds like you are a evil person.

Don't think I will be putting that many rounds down the tube. Maybe my son will finish using that gun up.

chuck