Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invitation to Boyds and Stocky's

stangfish

He had a problem with a cocking indicator one time. He had never seen it and was going bananas over the whole idea. He caught all kinds of grief from other posters. It was much like this post where there was some misinformation going around. It was an issue due to the fact he was making bolt lift kits for free and passing them out to everyone(on his dime and out of his pocket). Some he sent out to unknowing request that they don't work with a cocking indicator bolt without some additional mods.

As for the stocks the problem is more with savage making too many changes for the aftermarket to keep up. The lug is never an issue on an aftermarket stock. One of the issues is everybody wants a perfect fit every time all the time. With the variations that savage has, a Dremel is not only your friend but is a required tool. Making mods on the fly is what Savage owners have come to enjoy.

AR-15's are all of the same design and most everything is mil spec so if you make it to fit a S&W it will fit a Rock River. Bolt action rifles are different from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you have never been in business you may not realize that profits need to be as close to a sure thing as possible in a successful business plan. It has only been recently that the axis has garnished a following that was interested in upgrading the stock. At least that is the way I see it.

"It was an issue due to the fact he was making bolt lift kits for free and passing them out to everyone(on his dime and out of his pocket). Some he sent out to unknowing request that they don't work with a cocking indicator bolt without some additional mods."

You know what they say no good deed goes unpunished, I spent over $500.00 on that whole bolt lift thing, I was not going to let a couple of fill in blank______ wreck it for they others.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

stangfish
    I know you wouldn't my brother. You're a good man. Now Brasse has got big shoes to fill.

brasse
    LOL.

By the way, who has those .140 extractor detent balls?

stangfish
    McMaster Carr!

Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
    LOL.

By the way, who has those .140 extractor detent balls?
    I do give me your GPS c ordinance and I will load them up in a hot load in my 12ga and see if they can make it from here. LOL
    No seriously PM me you info I will gladly send you some.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12