Quote Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post
Edit, I see the seller on GB is Opticsplanet.. But you will have to pay shipping on the GB sale, but not at the online store.

Why would you buy a scope on gunbroker for the exact same price as you would pay at Opticsplanet.com ? At Opticsplanet shipping is included in the price too. If you don't like it you can return it. That may not work out so well with someone on Gunbroker.

The scope you refer to has a good reticle with a proper scale on it. For the extra $40 get the long range version I gave you a link for, you will frequently need to dial elevation and having an exposed elevation knob is a big plus.

The Nikon scopes have a very basic reticle which is not at all in the same class and if anything goes wrong with the scope you have to deal with people in NYC who may never have owned a rifle in their lives. I have 2 Nikons but they are not comparable to the Vortex scopes at all. So basically the value for money is a lot poorer on the Nikons.

What is your connection to Lubeck ? I have been there in mid winter some years back.
I was just using the GB ad because I was there and it was easy to cut and paste. I have got stuff from Optics Planet before and have been pleased - Quickly shipped and it is generally hard to beat their prices.

I work for Miller Communications here in Parkersburg, WV which is a stone's throw from Lubeck where I live.