Ok, I have a Stevens 200 300 win mag center feed. I found a short action stock that is for the factory single shot rifle, Model 12 F/TR. I know I can fit this stock to the rifle, no problem, Forstner bits and bedding, paint job, done.

Does anyone make a detachable magazine for this rifle? I figure if I do it I should just go all the way and do it how I want, I do not like internal magazines. I know that SSS has the magazine, but where do I get all the rest of the hardware to install it.

SSS says I need
a stock, a magazine frame, a front action screw and a bottom cap for the magazine box.
So where do I get these parts? Every time I call savage for parts they act like I have the plague because I want to customize one of their rifles. Maybe I should not have told them I turned one of their single shot rimfires into a repeater. Saved me a ton of money, and it works better than what they turn out.

This is a rifle I plan on keeping lightweight enough for hunting but will shoot good enough for some local fun matches, which I don't have much of a plan on winning. So my basic goal is to do as much work myself, and do it as low cost as I can, not cheap, budget. Since I have easy access to a wood shop working on stocks is no problem.

Thanks for any help.