I am really wanting to built a couple of precision rifles on savage actions, but I just can't pull the trigger (no pun intended) because I don't think there are any triggers out there that I will like.

The factory varmint/tactical accutrigger looks good (or at least ok) to me for the most part, but I don't particularly like the idea of having that blade in the middle and I hear that it can cause some issues (though minor) and I've heard that it is not a great target rifle trigger.

The only other options I know of are the sharp shooter evolution trigger and the sharp shooter competition trigger. The first of which appears to be more of a dedicated benchrest trigger with a pull of only ounces, and I'm not sure if it even has a safety (I'm sure someone here knows). The second has a pull range of approximately 2lbs to 12ounces, and uses the factory safety.

The factory safety or something similar is great for me, but being a switch barrel rifle of several uses there will be times when I will want a very light trigger pull, and times when hunting in harsh weather with frozen/glove fingers that I will want a trigger with a more deliverate 3lb + pull.
A fully stainless trigger would also be fantastic for those long back country hunting trips in foul weather, and for my occasional lazyness or busy schedule which can mean a gun doesn't always get a full on cleaning immediately after every outing.

I've seen the jewel trigger, and it sounds almost too good to be true, but everything I've heard about it seems to describe it as every bit as good as it sounds...One Problem - it doesn't work on a savage. And for largely this reason I am thinking of totally blowing my budget and building off of a custom action.

Can anyone suggest a reason why I might want to take another look at savage...its Really what I wanted, if only I thought there was a trigger that would make me happy.