Plinkin,
Thanks, but I think Poor Shot has gotten me a link into Cabelas on some ammo.
Also, FYI
You stated that you were notified for the ammo from Midway. That is good.
However, I have all three 17 wsm rounds that Midway has on their site on my wish list, and on the "to notify me" list, and I have not been notified.
I also had some .308 150 grain hornady spt on the same list, and was never notified for those either.
I called midway today, and they confirmed that my account has those 4 items in my wish list and to be notified list.
They could not however, explain why I was NOT notified on either the 2, that they got back in stock, then out of stock on.
Also
Midway also automatically changed my quantitiy on some Fiocchi 223 ammo last spring from 2 - 200 round ammo cans to 1 - 200 round can.
I even vented on the Savage Shooters site about that one, and how I felt the rules of the gsme were being changed as we played it.
Sour grapes maybe, but I will stand by what I said, If I did my job, and provided the quality of customer service that I have been getting the last 6 to 8 months, I would be fired from my job.
Now, having said that, up to that point, I had very good results with Midway, and no complaints.
I hope Midways customer service gets back to the "good ol days".