Thread: 280 rem

yote hunter

280 rem

Im looking into puting a model 12 together in 280 rem. Can someone recommend a aftermarke barrel ?thanks

I think McGowan outlet has prefits ready to ship. And Gunshack had some at one time, not sure if they still do.

stangfish
    When you say Model 12 are you saying this is a target rifle or a hunting rifle?

Basic Member
    Jim at northlander keeps them in stock, have a friend that bought a criterian varmint profile 280 about a year ago from him. The thing shoots lights out.

demolitionman
    Before you go changing out a model 12 bull? Barrell, please try a little load work up on the oem, unless the twist isn't going to work for your intended application. I have a stock savage bull barrel that flat hammers!! Under 3" groups at 500, and 1/3 at 100.

stangfish
    Demo,
    Did Savage make a model 12 280 bull?

yote hunter
    thanks for the responses,i had a 280 in a ruger 77 years ago .I always wanted another 280 but in a model 12 just like my 204.if they make one i couldnt find it.it going to be a jack of all trades,hunting and bench.

8. 06-26-2013, 10:05 PM
    Reason
    Engaging in any type of buying/selling outside of the classifieds is strictly prohibited.

EOD350
    I have a .280 Criterion from NSS and it shoots very well. I have a McGowen on a .260 build. It shoots well .2-.3's @100 and 3/4 MOA at 700 with but is a bear to clean.

northlander
    You may be aware of this but the Model 12 you are planning to build will be a short action build. If you do one in a 280 you will have a single shot rifle. The 280 Rem. will not feed out of a Model 12 magazine.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.