Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
Darn you and open sights. I shot expert pistol in the Navy, but could not hit the right target wit the M14. Later found out I was right handed and left eye dominant. That's why I loved shotguns and pistols.

Taught my sons with a marlin 22LR and an SKS. Up to three grandsons, teaching the oldest at 10 now. But my 17 year old granddaughter is like Annie Oakly with any pistol. She was shooting my 1911 in 38 super. I thought she was missing the target, found out she was aiming at the center target and all in the bulls eye. And her mom shoots like that too. Both shoot better than that son.
I shoot rifle left handed and pistol right handed. problem i had with pistol was that im left eye dominate, so I slowly trained myself to be right eye dominate due to my vision on my left eye gettine quirky due to an accident had had at a younger age. they had to drill a piece of metal out of my eye and at the time the doc told me not to worry, my vision would come back. it sure is hell did but what he didnt mention is that it would infact come back to haunt me at an older age...
man.....having all them grankids sure does keep you bizzy a?