I was at the range today with my Savage FLCP-K and after shooting several groups (all under .5" at 100 yards) it started dropping the trigger as the bolt closed. It will not actually fire but the trigger will fall but engage the firing pin because the accutrigger is not "activated" by my finger. It was also firing with a very light trigger touch a few times too.

I kept shooting then it got to where it would drop the trigger every time I closed the bolt. So I quit shooting it and packed it up. After getting home and looking it over I cant figure it out but if I completely remove the trigger guard it doesn't do it. I swapped trigger guards with another identical rifle in 308 and the 223 still does it but the 308 with the 223 trigger guard does not.

I didn't try changing the accutrigger over to the other gun but I did remove it and clean fully and put it back and it still does it. I cant figure what it is in the trigger guard that is bumping the trigger and causing it to click upon bolt closure. Have any of your had this and if so what did you do to fix it back?

Thanks