Thread: Accu Trigger is slam firing as I close bolt need help???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rotts4u View Post
    I am still confused as to why it doesnt slam the trigger closed when the trigger guard is off thought.
    The WOP spring tension also serves as the trigger reset. Reduce or increase one you reduce or increase the other. Anything making contact, a trigger guard with the trigger for example, will affect both.

Another factor is the sear. Unlike the trigger WOP spring, the sear torsion spring only serves to reset the sear, however its ability to fully reset can be restricted by making contact with the stock.

One or both of those conditions can cause inconsistent or prevent sear to trigger engagement altogether. If it works without the trigger guard one of two things may be happening. One, the guard is contacting the trigger or two, when the screw is tightened it's flexing the action or pulling it deepen into the inletting causing the sear to make contact with the stock.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Basic Member
    After fiddling with it for 2 hours last night I got up this morning as I was cleaning brass etc and turned the trigger adjustment spring a turn and presto no more slam fires. You guys were exactly right. I had noticed lately that the trigger was REALLY light as in I would occasionally let one go before intending to. So I guess it got loose maybe when taking the rifle out of the stock etc.

Its 100% now. Thanks everyone