Thread: 1000yd and 150 SMK (Alarm System)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1000yd and 150 SMK (Alarm System)

I made this alarm system about 8 months back and have been up gradeing as time goes on to a smaller/portable package. I really wasnt interested in sharing this but I was compelled to due to "subjective' conversations about the 150 SMK,s ability to get out to distance. I got tired of my fellow shooting partners not being positive when calling shots out to 1K so I developed this hit alarm system as I call it. Now, theres no guessing...none what so ever, and I concluded that without a dought...the 150gr SMK along with some RL-15 behind it will in fact smack either targets at 1K, even with a 25-30 mph wind. just gotta adjust accordingly. My shooting buds are sending 168,s at it and hitting with about a 5 moa adj while Im at about 6...not a big deal.(wind dependant)
    The large target is a 16"x24" and the smaller is a 8"x6". The ammo can house,s the car alarm control module,batteries,wiring with a toggle on/off switch at the top as to simple turn it on. The box is placed BEHIND the large plate as to not get hit. You can see one of the shock sensors temporaily placed on the ammo can.
    The LED/Sirens/ and stand are placed about 50ft away from the plates.
    I have 2 magnetic shock sensors that are placed behind either target. I usually place the smaller target about 12 ft away from the larger target. the wiring that reaches the smaller target use,s simple plug in wiring at the ammo can via wiring loom i made. I can have both targets activated If I so wish or just one.
    If a rd hits either plate, the sirens start blarring and the LED,s (white and blue) start flashing which can be heard and seen out to 1K. the system is set to reset itself after 30 seconds.
    The smaller plate,s a challenge to hit but Im proud to say, that My Savage model 10 mil spec, 1:11.25 twist with HS stock, 5R barrel has hit that smaller plate 3 hits in a row with simple 150gr SMK and RL-15 behind it. while holding about 5MOA for xwinds.
    This system along with my Savage rifle has humbeld my shooting buds who (with all due respect) are Remy fans which by the way, havent been able to smack the smaller plate out to 1K...least not yet lololo
    FYI.... The scope i use is a simple BSA 6x24x44 tactical which can only be purchased by Midway that I got on sale for 150 bucks.
    Last edited by eddiesindian; 05-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.