Thread: Trying our new .243's....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alleycat

Trying our new .243's....

A friend of mine and I bought a pair of Axis .243's, sequentially numbered even, a couple weeks ago and finally got out to give them a try. We didn't have time to get to the range so we had to make do with buddy's back 40. We could only get stretched out to 75 yards but the results had us giggling like a couple school girls. I really feel that these rifle can make a mediocre shooter look good. Since we were only shooting at 75yards I won't get into group size but can say that even with the brutal trigger pull and ho-hum scopes we really like these rifles. We tested a variety of ammo, Fed 80's, Fed 100's, Rem Core Lokt 100's and some Win 55's. The Federal shot excellent in both rifles then the Winchester and the Remington was the worst by a long shot, then again we may have been getting week from blood loss due to the giant mosquitos trying to fly away with us...
    Anyway thanks to everyone who helped us choose these rifles and caliber...we couldn't be happier. Cant wait to get out again.

Last edited by Alleycat; 06-05-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.