Quote Originally Posted by yoteklr View Post
Problem here is I was flat out lied to by Lisa before I ordered the parts. She knew there was no way that they were going to complete the order in a month or two. If she had told me it was going to take over 8 months, I would have never placed the order with them in the first place.

I sent her an email last month sometime letting her know that I was not satisfied with their service and that if they were not going to be able to complete the order, we needed to make arrangements for a refund of my money. I have not heard back from her since that.

""If you don't like the way they (SSS) do business, don't gripe about it.""

This is the first order I have ever placed with SSS. I assure you I will never place another one with them. I will gripe about it, because I have a legitimate gripe.

If any one doubts what I am saying here, I will gladly supply them with all the emails exchanged between myself and SSS over the last 8 months.

I just hope that other people don't have to have the same experience with SSS that I have.

Thanks for your reply
And now you've gone and done it - ya done pissed me off so now you're going to get an ear full...

1. You have 5 posts on this site, all in this thread which you started specifically to piss and moan about SSS. That right there is a good clue to me that you're nothing more than a troll and I should probably do the rest of the site a favor and just ban you - but I won't - at least not yet.

2. This nonsense (the entire thread) is why we typically nip these anti-(insert vendor name here) threads in the bud as soon as they start. All they do is turn into a handful of folks crying foul and another handful defending the vendor and it accomplishes nothing.

3. If you have a problem with a vendor address it with them as they're the only ones who can do anything about it. Pissing and moaning about it anonymously behind a screen name on an internet forum accomplishes nothing and just makes you look like a whiny little ....