Thread: sharpshootersupply.com problems?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Things always seem so straight forward in our analysis - but they never are once you dig into it more...

Here is my assesment (in my limited experience with SSS ...which is more than a couple and less than several dozen orders)

[1] Lisa and Fred are very simple folks and do not have the means to invest in complex invenotry and order management systems.
    [2] Lisa and Fred are very honest and helpful folks (but like most of us, they are human and make mistakes - which get complicated due to thier own communications issues with each other)
    [3] They are not a big opperation - so they do not get serviced (by suppliers) like we'd hope or think.
    [4] Fred is a very picky fella... good for quality of work as a Savage expert and Smith - but bad where CS and delivery schedules is concerned.
    [5] There was at least one long period of time when Fred was sidelined with a serious injury to his hand and suffice to say this was a very bad time for SSS all around. I feel for them, but I understand how that impacts a business and it's reputation when things don't go well...

Overall they are great people and are the best at what they do (which is to build the best Savages possible). They wouldn't be my first choice for parts unless they have them in stock and no mods are required (no offense intended).

I love them, and inspite of a couple of frustrating experiences. In the end, I was pleased with what I got (even if it wasn't when I wanted to get it) and they are reasonably priced and fair.

If there is one thing I'd like to see them do is to try to incorporate some technology into their workflow management. This would save them from some of these frustrating experiences on the part of their customers (but not always). Other than that, I just accept them for waht they are: a small Mom-n-Pop shop thatproduces some of the finest work possible.

Obviously - we can all choose to do business with whomever we wish. SSS wil NEVER be everything to everybody. I think that's good. Personally, I don't want all you guys to like them because it'll just mean more delays overall (for me).

All the best SSS...
    Last edited by jhelmuth; 05-23-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]