I have heard it is possible to do a retrofit to "coin-slot" style turrets to make it easier to dial shots.

I'm indeed saving up for a Target/Tactical scope, but until I have the $1000 I want to spend, I want to make what I have work.

When I bought my Savage 111 30-06 Hunter it had a Bushnell 3-9 Scope. I had issues with this same model ($50 @ Walmart) Scope holding a zero on a 308 back in High School. Therefore I wanted to put the best glass I could get on it. Luckily I inherited a Ruger 77/22mag from my papa, and it had a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40mm (~$200) sitting on it. This gun shoots about 1" groups with good 22mag ammo. So I knew the scope was good. I swapped it out with the Bushnell.

The Nikon holds an excellent zero the only adjustments I made was when I went to a different ammo. However it is an older scope with the coin slot style turrets, this makes learning how to dial shots a pain. I have heard that there was a DIY thing you can do to modify the "coin-slot) for finger adjustments. Any body got any ideas?

Peace be with you,
Robert