After disassembling the bolt including removing the bolthead I use a nylon bottle brush with whatever solvent is within reach, even WD or clear kerosene! What you use doesn't matter as long as it gets the crud out. After brushing and flushing I'll give it a blast of air then wrap a piece of a paper towel around the brush and push it through to remove any remaining solvent. I'll repeat the brush-towel until it passes the "white glove test".

After I pleased with my janitorial work I wrap a clean piece of paper towel around the bush, put a few drops of Break-Free on it then push it back and forth to coat the inside of the body.

Next I'll run a pipe cleaner with solvent in the bolt head shaft and out the firing pin hole. After a few passes I'll put a few drops of Break-Free on a clean pipe cleaner and run it through a few times. I may disassemble the firing pin, but most times I'll just brush it with solvent, give to a blast of air then apply the B-F.

Lastly, I'll wipe down the bolt head shaft, lugs and baffle with B-F. Maybe every other cleaning I'll pull the extractor and ejector, clean them, the springs and their bores.

After reassembly I'll apply a bolt or lithium grease SPARINGLY on the lugs, cocking ramp and primary extraction cam . Of course the bolt doesn't go in the action until I clean the locking lug recesses and abutments.

It may sound like a lot of work and time, but start to finish only takes about 10-15 minutes.

Bill