This is kinda sorta aimed (excuse the terminology) at our resident historian Savage Guru - Jim.

A few years back when I acquired the 110 I rescued from a pawn shop, the stagger feed mag drove me crazy. The bolt was sliding across the top, it wouldn't feed properly - I hated it.

I called Savage.
The young lady I spoke with said - "Just use a screwdriver & bend it to adjust it. That's how we do it...."

I took it apart. A little bend here, a little flex there. After many days of getting to know the quirks of the stagger feed mag, I FINALLY got it to feed properly without it hindering bolt operating. The bolt ALWAYS slid across the top of the mag making a somewhat hollow sounding scrape. I fixed that, too.
SO.....
After many hours of screwing around with it, I need to ask - Are there other options available to make these a bit more user friendly? I ask because the rifle is now a .308. Used to be a .270, 25.06, 30.06, etc....

I guess I need to break out the BIG screwdriver & the small prybar & other implements of creativity to "realign" the mag. Again.

You or anyone have any suggestion other than the realignment procedure I just discussed? I guess what I'm looking for is an option or 2 without spending a fortune AND, this is important, keeping the rifle as "stock" as possible. As you may have noticed, I take my Savage addiction to the point of obsession with keeping them plain Jane stock & make it shoot like a $1000 gun.

Whatcha got on this? I'm all ears.
Frank in Fla

I never said I was photographer.....