Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cbi barrel lead time

I'll be the jerk.

I got mine in just over 4 weeks.

26" 10" twist Varmint 30-06.

I think I just got lucky in the timing of CBI's caliber cycle.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

stangfish
    Dog!

Basic Member
    My 20x45 CBI SS select bbl just arrived, sweet & smooth along w/a NSS action wrench.
    9 mos total, due to CBI moving and having a bad batch of steel.

Basic Member
    I just got mine in this week, 8 months after I ordered it.

Basic Member
    I got one coming Monday, but its been so dang long I don't remember exactly when I ordered it!

jdpenterprises
    I ordered a 300wm 28" bull on 7-8-13. Jim said approx. 16 weeks. I plan on forgetting about it and letting it be a surprise! Should give me time to save for a nice piece of glass.

Basic Member
    I got the call last Friday from Brenda. They(2) will ship to day. I hope to see them on Thursday.
    I ordered in March, but I had CBI use my reamer to cut the .243AI and that slowed things down some. The two I ordered were a .243AI 1/8 with my reamer and a .204 Match 1/11 both 26" and in the light varmint contour. I plan on working up some loads after this weekend.
    I will show pictures later.

22 Mag
    Happiness is not having everything you want, but wanting everything you have.

masterblaster
    Just got mine today. 18 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by 5spd View Post
    My 20x45 CBI SS select bbl just arrived, sweet & smooth along w/a NSS action wrench.
    9 mos total, due to CBI moving and having a bad batch of steel.
    Tell me about this bad batch of steel?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanS View Post
    Tell me about this bad batch of steel?
    It actually happens more than we know about, they do there testing to insure the steel behaves the way they want it to and occasionally it doesn't.

I have a metalurgist buddy that used to work for Winchester.

Basic Member
    They refused a batch of steel as it didn't meet their specs/requirements from the info I got when I called one time about my bbl.
    I sold my 20p barrel after a week of breaking it in, (that was fast) shooting it on 2 p-dog shoots, then felt "un-impress" with it.
    My .223 rigs do 100% better in the winds and making p-dogs spin in the air.
    All that time I thought it was going to be the super cal I though of....nope!
    ON to my next project...who knows what that may be.

Basic Member
    Any current reports? Now that the bad steel batch and big move is over, are they caught up to a reasonable wait?

jdpenterprises
    I am at 16 weeks today, which is what was estimated. No call yet, but hopefully soon. I'm anxious.

GSRswapandslow
    I'm at 12 weeks today on my 223ai remage.....I was told 12-14 weeks, I THINK.... I honestly can't remember. I guess I should settle in for the wait after seeing the other wait times. Mines a "custom" ordered 24" that's threaded for my can.

jdpenterprises
    Got the call today. It shipped and should arrive Friday. Will b about 18.5 weeks total. Stoked.

USMarine1108
    I just saw this thread but ironically, I called Jim about the time this thread started to see what he had on the shelf. He had what I wanted (26" .223 1/8) but in a Wylde chamber. I figured I'd give it a try even though it wasn't my original intent. I shot it for the first time last week and it shot GREAT! Point is, give Jim a call and see what he has on the shelf.

GSRswapandslow
    16 weeks....no call yet :-/

GSRswapandslow
    19 weeks as of today....I'm getting excited since I know the call will be coming soon!

Rustydust
    For those that are still waiting for their CBI barrel please be assured that they are worth the wait.

I got mine in .204 Ruger sometime in the spring. I took it to the gunsmith and had him thread the end of the barrel for my HTG Aris suppressor before installing it on my Savage 12. If I was supposed to break it in or not I don't remember but all I know is that right from the get-go it was shooting half inch groups with anything that I stuffed in it. Sure not something the OEM Savage barrel would do!

Hitting 400 yard pasture poodles with it a few months ago was a snap. It really was. And because of the can on the end of it most of the pooches did not dive for their holes when I started shooting it. Matter of fact, none of them were diving at all but a whole lot of them were flying instead! Great combo! It got a lot more use this last June than either my standard .223 or my .17 Remington did.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123