I think it's just that.The action leaves allot to be desired.Shooting sub 1/2 MOA groups isn't the only reason to own a particular gun.If you pull the trigger and it don't go bang,it matters little whether its a Holland and Holland or a JC Higgins from Sears.I have a new Savage LRPV .204 Savage.I scoped it,bore sighted it with the windage screws on the rear Burris base and shot it at 50 yards,with FED factory 39gr Sie.It shot 15" low.The elevation was checked to confirm it was centered,so I cranked it up to check the tracking,and it was fine.I installed the +/-10 inserts, front and rear and gained 10" in elevation,and finished with the scope adjustment.It shot a nice group and later shot a .333 with the Fed ammo at 100 yards.My reloads shot .178 after the cases were used a couple times.This was ,out of the box,no tuning,and trigger was 15oz.It only ejected 30% of the cases.The bigest problem was extreme cratering of the primers.No pressure,just a pin too small for the bolt opening.After corresponding with customr service and sending pictures of the factory primers (Hornady cases),they ordered UPS to pick up the gun the next day.I sent the paperwork with the two problems.They had their Palama shop install a new bolt head and check the head space.I had left the scope bases on,so only had to turn the scope on and check the windage.Shot at 75 yards 10 rounds to check primer strikes,and ejection.Primers were 95% better than before but it didn't eject (all parts new in the bolt head.There is less slop in the head recess and the ejector felt stronger.It ejected with authority,but only 3 out of the ten rounds.So I call Lisa at SSS and have her send a 1/2 doz .140 detent balls.That didn't take care of it.I called Effie at savage(very nice gal)and asked for ,and she would send me two extractors.I was disapointed that I didn't get them in the mail today,and I was getting ready to call Savage when the UPS truck pulls up and the guy has a fairly big box 12x8x3".I couldn't imagine it being from Savage,but it was.Well they sent two of each parts for the extractor and ejector,plus a nice embrosed leather rifle carry sling and two embroirdered Savage patches.I painted my stock after the gun returned and noticed that the action screws were barely finger tight when I removed the stock.They must have adjusted the trigger down to 9oz as I sent it set at 15oz.What would you think about a gun that you set up with quality mounts,shooting that low at 50 yards?I still need to solve the ejection problem,as it drops the case as soon as it clears the camber,regardless whether or not the bolt is moved slow or fast.To quote a local rifle builder,"you can make a zip gun shoot small groups"....OR Savage should lower the price to fit the quality.