Quote Originally Posted by Newguyjosh View Post
I have a new savage model 25 varmint thumbhole rifle in .223 and am having some scope problems. First scope I tried was a firefield 8-32x50 and I had to max out windage to get it correct and with elevation adjustments maxed it was still 4 inches high at 50 yards. Tried two different rings with same result. Then decided to try a better quality scope. Have the mueller 8-32x44 target dot scope on it now and while I haven't been to the range yet bore sighting has revealed the same problem. The gun came with bases mount and they appear to have a good fit and alignment. Any help is appreciated. I have never experienced a problem like this. Thanks

Do I need to look for a new one piece base or something instead? If so which one fits this gun?
Before I mounted my EGW base I noticed a couple things after removing my scope from the 25T 17H. 1st the rear base said "M25" on the right hand side, the left was rotated 180º saying "M25" on the left. When I removed them I used my digital calipers and measured the dimensions all around between the bases and nothing was the same. It was close but often close was .001"-.002" different.