Thread: Ammo recommendations for a MK II 22lr on groundhogs past 100 yards.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    I was unaware "we" could legally use a suppressor.

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/pdf...OMPILATION.pdf

Yes. It's in the Pa. hunting regs. But here's a summary of what States you can use a "Can" in for hunting purposes.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post
    http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/pdf...OMPILATION.pdf

Yes. It's in the Pa. hunting regs. But here's a summary of what States you can use a "Can" in for hunting purposes.
    I didn't know that it was in the regs, but honestly I never looked for it. Hmmm can't legally use an air rifle but can use a suppressor. Only in the Commonwealth I swear.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    I didn't know that it was in the regs, but honestly I never looked for it. Hmmm can't legally use an air rifle but can use a suppressor. Only in the Commonwealth I swear.

Yeah...I know...and if you like that one....you'll love this one....In what's know as "Special Reg's areas" (Primarily near Philly and Pittsburgh) you can hunt deer in rifle season or flintlock season using a flintlock long rifle, but not a flintlock 50 caliber pistol. But....everywhere else in the State you can hunt deer using a flintlock 50 caliber pistol in rifle, or flintlock season. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Basic Member
    Nope not one but Dave.

I finally sold all 3 of my Gamo air rifles this year. I had bought 2 nice ones years ago for pest control around the house. When I got back in to hunting a few years ago I was again filled with chagrin that PA hadn't come off that law about air rifles. Last Fall I bought a Gamo Bone collector Bull Whisper from Dick's SG because I had a crap ton of rewards points. I had planned on hunting NY because you can hunt red squirrels year round (they are the bane of my existence) and a few years ago NY changd their air rifle laws. Now over there you can use anything 600fps or better. Hello PA, wake up. I know not everyone who hunts is in to air rifle hunting, just like not everyone is in to hand gun hunting, or black powder, archery etc.

Long story short I had some issues with the newest rifle, which had nothing to do with quality or accuracy so I finally returned it for my money back and out of frustration I sold the other 2. Life goes on. That money & some other cash went towards a Remington 1100 LT20 that is arriving at my favorite gun shop on Tuesday.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.