Been playing with this rifle for a few months and had a workable hunting load that shoots .5 MOA at 200 with Berger 140VLDs and 2970 fps. These flew fine at .075 off the lands but I kept seeing flyers once in awhile. I started experimenting with another powder for fun and to have options. At any rate I decided to test a theory and see how well a deeper bullet seating depth would work. I screwed the seater down 1 turn and it pushed the bullet in another .030 to .105. Shot 2 rounds and they were touching. Loaded another 3 just as the wind calmed down and quickly sent them down range.

The result was a .25MOA 200 yard 3 shot group. Wiind picked back up, bad for tuning, so I shot 460 yards at a rock to confirm. My spotter said they were tight. Later we found a 1200 yard target. Dialed and sent it. Bad read on wind. Shooter and target wind direction were opposites. Sent another round hit, but was still off a bit. Adjusted, 3 rounds, good solid group. Ami shot it, hit. My 68 year old mother wanted to shoot it to so she destroyed a rock at 470 with 2 bullets within a few inches of each other and dead on. Out of ammo at that point. Dang.

I need to fine a tune a bit more I think but this stock savage finally gave me the .25MOA I was looking for. I was hoping this rifle would give me custom performance in over the counter price point. I hope I can make it consistent now.