Thread: New guy starting a build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sdborror

New guy starting a build

So I pick this up from a friend pretty cheap it's a savage 110 chambered in 7mm rem mag pre accu trigger. I want to go with 300 win mag and I found a Mcgowen 26" barrel that I think would work great but it is a standard shank. I'm pretty sure mine is a standard shank but then I read somewhere that magnums were large shank so now I am second guessing. As far as stocks go there are not many options for the savage long actions at least that I could find. I found the chote stocks and h-s percision but the price is about double and a little more. I would love to do a detactable magazine but that option seems to be about $700 dollars more and in percision long range shooting I will probably be loading one round at a time anyways. I there Was a more price friendly option I would deffinitly go for it but I guess you have to pay to play. Could I buy the chote stock for now then when I get the rifle dialed in and shooting how I like have the stock inletted for a cdi magazine conversion or is this a dumb idea? I appreciate any advice totally new to bolt guns at least building them. I have built many ar-15s but this is a whole different animal.

Last edited by Sdborror; 05-08-2013 at 01:14 AM.