Thread: Egads... I'm almost out of chip steak already!!!

Egads... I'm almost out of chip steak already!!!

I think maybe I better go shoot another deer on saturday. The chip steak is almost gone already. Last day for flintlock and all deer hunting in the special reg zones. Anybody else going out?
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Re: Egads... I'm almost out of chip steak already!!!

I hope to go out as well Ed. I've had a slow hunting season this year due to work/weather/wife ::) , and would love to put a deer in the freezer this weekend.

It could be the last time we hunt till spring when we go up and shoot all of Pahogs groundhogs ;D
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Yeah Buddie!
    I'm supposed to hook up with one of my hunting buddies for a morning hunt. If I don't score I may sit out the last couple hours in the stand and hope for the best. Think I'll take the MLII out and hope I "Dont" see a buck. I haven't had the flintlock out in a couple of years so I'm not feeling to strongly that I could hit anything with it past 50 yards.

As for the groundhogs I need to get out and sight in all 3 of my varmint rigs again. Musical scopes again "don't cha know"
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

vermonter

OK, I'm curious, I've never heard the term "Chip Steak" befor. What is it? The only guess I could make would be jerky.

Chip Steak is thinly sliced raw steak used to make "Philly Cheese Steaks" typically from a deer its boned out hindquarter sliced on a deli slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by EFBell
    Chip Steak is thinly sliced raw steak used to make "Philly Cheese Steaks" typically from a deer its boned out hindquarter sliced on a deli slicer.

Mmmmmm!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Take about 16 oz of paper thin steak, couple small fried onions, a handful of chopped white mushrooms, a little salt, pepper, garlic fried up then melt provolone over it and slap it on a couple of crisp steak rolls from a local italian market and I'll tell you what; people who dont like venison and refuse to eat it will say "thats the best darn cheese steak I ever had" what did you put on that?. I smile and wink and just say thanks but I cant tell you, it's a family secret. Anybody from the general area knows how to make a decent steak sandwich but us deer hunters make the best ones! :)

MMMMMMmmmmm!
    ~Clint Eastwood

Take about 16 oz of paper thin steak, couple small fried onions, a handful of chopped white mushrooms, a little salt, pepper, garlic fried up then melt provolone over it and slap it on a couple of crisp steak rolls from a local italian market and I'll tell you what; people who dont like venison and refuse to eat it will say "thats the best darn cheese steak I ever had" what did you put on that?. I smile and wink and just say thanks but I cant tell you, it's a family secret. Anybody from the general area knows how to make a decent steak sandwich but us deer hunters make the best ones! :)
    VISA loves me since I joined this site.

vermonter

Thanks,That does sound good. Will have to give it a try.

Uncle Jack

A couple of vinegar cured Italian peppers don't hurt either

uj

Peppers on the side are a must.

Basic Member

Hey All Ya'lls up there in PA, what do you mean when spring gets here? Its been spring here in NC for months- OK, back to the thread!