Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot View Post
The AR-15 style is still very much a possibility. We have about 10 un-machined receivers that we are thinking about using.
I don't think taking an "80%" AR lower would be the right thing to do. I was basically saying.... take some of the design elements (rear tube, trigger guard, mag well) and then create a mod'ed lower to fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshot View Post
I am also seriously considering using the AR style tube set up. The only drawback is the pistol grip being a separate component. I was under the impression that the butt stock for the Mossberg was the same thing once you got the "tube" portion on there?

Don't get me wrong... I like that ATI folder you posted... but it's +$150. If I was going to play with this idea... I'd start with an 870 folder. (I have an 870) that way... if it didn't go anywhere... then at least I could put it on my shotgun. (lol)

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........................... .

I just had a thought.....

OK... the AR rear tube stock is cool, and pleantafull.... but.... if you did build a chassis with a Mossberg, or 870 rear section.... that may actually be better. That way... the end user could buy a used (ebay) rear wood stock cheep.... buy a tactical folder... OR... even buy a SWEET Boyd's laminate thumbhole.

NOW... we don't have to ask Boyd to reinvent the wheel... we just need to adapt what's already out there.

OK... Now I just got excited. I think this needs to come to life.