The intention of this is to use it with a short action round, really the .308. I am not planning at this time to take anything into production but it would be nice to be able to do a run of a few for those that want them.

I am very fortunate to have a relationship with a retired machinist gun nut who loves to do things like this. He has a full machine shop in his basement. He has done several AR projects and pretty much anything we need done that doesn't require a gunsmith, i.e. setting headspace on Mausers, remingtons, etc. The main body that needs to be machined doesn't look like it will be that difficult. Also, my good friend is finishing up school to be a machinist next month and is going to draw up the CAD program for me.

The idea for this is to see what can be done and hopefully duplicated. No one is offering a stock for this platform at this time so why not play around with it? I have to say that I am a huge fan of how smooth my action is. I don't know if I got lucky but it is far smoother than any of my 10/110s.

Also, I am in complete agreement on everything you said in your post. I take no offense. This is the kind of feedback I am looking for.
The link I posted of the butt stock above is on the high end but I thought it would work well as it is a folding stock and has a height adjustable cheek piece. ATI makes one similar for $100. They can be bought in a traditional AR style for about $65. The mags run about $25.

When looking at the prices for an XLR or AI chassis, you are looking at between $800-$2000 and that is before you machine them to fit the Axis.